Thomas Goudkamp OAM
Tom is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law. He has had over 40 years of experience successfully acting for seriously injured accident victims.
Tom has been involved in many land mark cases, including a number of cases which have gone all the way to the Australian High Court eg the famous, ground breaking medical negligence case of Rogers v Whitaker.
Tom has acted for numerous clients who, sadly, have been injured in accidents whilst visiting Australia from overseas. These cases have taken Tom to many countries to prepare and then successfully finalise claims.( England, Scotland, The Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, New Zealand, The USA, The Caribbean, India, The Republic of Korea and Japan).
Tom has also acted for travellers to NSW from all Australian States and Territories.
Tom’s achievements in addition to successfully piloting Stacks Goudkamp and working on many major personal injury cases include:
- Serving for many years on the NSW Law Society’s Common Law Committee.
- Being the Chair Person of the NSW Law Society Specialist Accreditation Personal Injury Committee since its creation in 1992.
- Being a CARS (Claims Assessment Resolution Service) Assessor since 2001.
- Being the National President of The Australian Lawyers Alliance in 2005/2006.
- Being the co-author, with Andrew Morrison SC, of ‘The Personal Injury Law Manual— NSW’.
- Being awarded an OAM in 2005 for his services to the law and injured people.
- Being a Supreme Court Arbitrator for several years.
Tom’s philosophy when acting for accident victims is to place himself in their shoes to appreciate what they have to endure, their fears and concerns, and how he would like to be treated if he was the injured client.
Tom’s main advice to the personal lawyers at Stacks Goudkamp is for them to be patient and take the time to listen to their clients, to keep them informed, to be proactive when dealing with our insurance opponents and to be fully prepared.
Tom Goudkamp OAM | Managing Director
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Bachelor of Laws
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
- Chair Person of the Accredited Specialist Personal Injury Law Commitee
- Claims Assessment Resolution Service Claims Assessor
- Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL)
- Past President of the Australian Lawyers Alliance