Choosing the right personal injury lawyer is not easy to know. Most people who have been injured and are seeking compensation only do so once in their lifetime and only need a personal injury lawyer once.
It is difficult to know whether you have made the right decision in choosing the personal injury lawyer to act for you in your claim.
Most personal injury lawyers have reasonable and sometimes splendid websites to try and attract new clients. They almost always boast that they treat their clients with dignity and respect and that they can achieve the best possible results.
Questions to ask when choosing your lawyer
- Did the lawyer respond quickly to your initial phone call or email?
- Did the lawyer listen patiently and carefully to what you told him or her during the first consultation?
- Was your lawyer polite and respectful?
- Did the lawyer ask you sensible and appropriate questions about yourself, your injuries and your situation?
- Did the lawyer follow-up with a letter or an email, confirm confirming the conversation you and the lawyer had at the first consultation?
- Did the lawyer make you feel confident in his or her ability and comfortable? Did the lawyer ease your anxiety about your claim for whether or not it was likely to be successful and provide you with financial security
- Did your lawyer explain the compensation process and what you could expect to happen and when your claim was likely to be finalised?
- Did your lawyer explain to you about legal costs?
- Did your lawyer exhibit experience and knowledge?
- Did your lawyer exhibit empathy and understanding of your situation and your need to be kept informed and to know that he or she was fighting hard to protect and enhance your interests?
Don’t let your decision be swayed by an inflated assessment of the compensation you are likely to receive.
HOW CAN STACKS GOUDKAMP HELP?
By choosing Stacks Goudkamp to represent you, you will be in the best of hands. You can be confident that your lawyer will have the knowledge and the experience and the personality and character to do his or her very best for you to ensure that your claim is successful and that the compensation process is as stress free for you as possible.
We will act for you on a no win, no fee basis. We will gather evidence from various medical experts, the police and other experts. We will also examine how your injuries have impacted your ability to participate in the activities you enjoyed prior to the accident and your ability to continue working. We conduct thorough negotiations with at-fault parties and insurers in order to obtain the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. In many cases, we are able to do this successfully without the need of going to court.
Written by Karina Goodall