Termination of Employment
Business owners are invariably required to traverse the often-rough terrain associated with termination of employment, whether it be because of an employee’s disciplinary issues, serious misconduct, inability to perform the inherent requirements of the role, or because of major workplace change.
In circumstances where your business is contemplating termination of employment as the most appropriate course of action then care must be taken to ensure the business complies with fair and proper procedures regarding the process.
The aim of this approach is to help your business mitigate against the risks associated with an employee or employees commencing proceedings for: wrongful dismissal, unlawful termination, general protections (adverse action) or unfair dismissal.
At Stacks Goudkamp you can draw on our capability, knowledge and expertise concerning termination of employment issues, including:
- General protections (adverse action) claims
- Performance management, improvement and disciplinary procedures and outcomes
- Remedies for Unfair Dismissal (reinstatement, compensation)
- Remedies for Unlawful Terminations / Wrongful Terminations
- Summary dismissals or summary terminations
- Transfer of Employment
- Unfair dismissal claims
Unlawful terminations / wrongful terminations